Publishing an Application from a Guest
To publish an application from a guest or guest clone follow the below procedure:
- Click the Publishing category and click the Application icon from the top navigation bar.
- Select Virtual Guest in the first step of the wizard and click Next.
- In the second step of the wizard select Single Application and click Next.
- In the third step of the wizard browse to the application by clicking on the Browse button next to the Target input field so all details are populated. Alternatively you can configure all options manually by following the steps below.
- Enter a Name and Description in the Application section.
- From the Run drop down menu specify if the application should run in a normal window, maximized or minimized.
- In the Target input field the path of where the application is installed should be specified. To specify a new path of the executable click the Browse (...) button and browse to the executable. Use Windows environment variables if you are manually entering the path.
- In the Start In input field specify the folder that contains the original object or any other related file. For example sometimes applications need to use files from another location. In such cases specify such folder location so the published application will be able to locate them upon it being launched.
- (Optional) In the Parameters input field you can specify parameters which have to be passed to the application upon being started.
- From the Virtual Guest Settings section you have to specify from where the application should be published. The options are:
- Any Guest from a specified pool in the from pool drop down menu
- Specific guest
- Guest from a specified pool in the from pool drop down menu where name equals username or IP
- Specific 2X Template from a specified 2X Template in the 2X Template drop down menu
- Tick the Persistent option to create a persistent guest rule the first time the user connections.
Configuring a Virtual Application to be Published
- Once ready click Finish to publish the application.