Adding a VDI Host
A VDI Host (host machine) is defined as the computer on which a hypervisor is running one or more virtual machines. Each virtual machine is called a guest machine. The hypervisor presents the guest operating systems with a virtual operating platform and manages the execution of the guest operating systems. Multiple instances of a variety of operating systems may share the virtualized hardware resources.
By adding the VDI Host to the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server you can manage the virtual machines on the VDI Host, create guest clones and publish virtual desktops and applications from virtual guests.
To add a VDI Host to the farm follow the below procedure:
- Launch the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console, click the Farm category and click on VDI Hosts node of the site where you would like to add the hypervisor.
- Click Add from the Tasks drop down menu to launch the setup wizard and once prompted select the type of VDI from the VDI Type drop down menu.
Adding a VDI Host
- Specify the IP address or FQDN of the VDI Host and click Next (Refer to the note below for more information about configuring the VDI Agent for some of the hypervisors).
- In this step the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server checks if the 2X VDI agent is installed on the VDI Host. If it is installed, proceed to step 8 of this procedure. If it is not installed, click Install to remotely install the 2X agent.
- In the Installing 2X VDI Host Agent dialogue highlight the server name on which the 2X Agent is to be installed.
- (Optional) Tick the option “Override system credentials” to specify and use different credentials to connect to the server and install the 2X Agent.
- Click Install to install the agent and click Done once it has been successfully installed. If the automatic installation of the 2X Agent fails refer to the following section Installing the 2X VDI Agent Manually.
- Click Add to add the VDI Host to the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server server farm.
Note: To add some of the supported hypervisors different steps and procedures must be followed, such as installing the 2X VDI Agent appliance on the hypervisor server. Before adding a hypervisor server to the farm, refer to the hypervisor manuals which are available in the Parallels 2X documents page; http://www.2x.com/Learn/documentation/.