Adding a Terminal Server
To be able to publish Applications and Desktops for your users through Parallels 2X Remote Application Server first you need to add a server to the farm. This chapter explains how to add and manage a Terminal Server in the farm.
Requirement: To add a terminal server to the farm it must have the Remote Desktop Services installed.
Follow the below procedure to add a Terminal Server to the farm:
- Launch the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console, select the Farm category and click on Terminal Servers from the navigational tree.
- Click Add from the Tasks drop down menu to launch the setup wizard and once prompted specify the server IP address or FQDN and click Next.
- In this step the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server checks if the 2X agent is installed on the Terminal Server. If it is installed, proceed to step 7 of this procedure. If it is not installed, click Install to remotely install the 2X Agent.
- In the Installing 2X Terminal Server Agent dialog highlight the server name on which the 2X Agent is to be installed.
- (Optional) Tick the option “Override system credentials” to specify and use different credentials to connect to the server and install the 2X Agent as seen in the below screenshot.
Specifying Different Credentials to Install 2X Terminal Server Agent
- Click Install to install the agent and click Done once it has been successfully installed. If the automatic installation of the 2X Agent fails refer to the following section Installing the 2X Terminal Server Agent Manually.
- Click Add to add the Terminal Server to the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server farm.
Tip: Use the Find option from the Tasks drop down menu to find existing terminal servers in your active directory domain.