2X launches the On Premise Edition of 2X MDM

An Easy and Affordable On Premise 2X MDM Solution

August 30, 2013 - 09:00am

Retain full control of sensitive location tracking data with 2X’s new On Premise Mobile Device Manager for Windows Server LONDON UK, 30 AUGUST 2013 – 2X, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System and mobile device management.

Better iOS support and Bing Maps added to the latest 2X MDM 6.4.5 build

Improved iOS Support Added to the New Version of 2X MDM

August 07, 2013 - 02:26pm

We pleased to announce the release of the latest version of 2X MDM (6.4.5) which has significantly enhanced iOS support. Administrators can now disable an iPhone's camera, as well as prevent users from accessing the Safari browser and iTunes. We're now

How-To
News
Help
Forum

Web Portal Woes

2X Remote Application Server allows the delivery of virtual desktops and applications from a central location, providing continuous availability, resource-based load balancing and complete end-to-end network transparency for administrators. This enables vendor independent virtual desktops & application delivery to users on any device, accessible from anywhere. The results are significant savings on administration and support.

Moderator: SeanBianco

Web Portal Woes

Postby danmetivier » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Howdy,

I've got a 2X Web Portal configuration that allows users with the client installed on their local machine to access the applist and launch documents, etc., but I have a number of folks who do not have admin privileges on their machine to get the client installed in the first place. I know there is a java client but there's a dearth of documentation on how to deploy it. Isn't there also a way to have a applet run the client right within the browser?

Any help at all is much appreciated!

--

dan
danmetivier

Re: Web Portal Woes

Postby jurgencachia » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm

HI,

you can also Distribute the 2X Client to Domain Environment Users by Using Group Policy (http://www.2x.com/blog/2010/09/tech/usi ... ent-users/)

Regards,
jurgencachia

Postby danmetivier » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately not all users are part of the Domain. I am attempting to serve an application to users who have no administrative rights on a computer, just access to the internet - such as a public library.

jurgencachia wrote:HI,

you can also Distribute the 2X Client to Domain Environment Users by Using Group Policy (http://www.2x.com/blog/2010/09/tech/usi ... ent-users/)

Regards,
danmetivier

Postby jurgencachia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:13 pm

HI,

to Install an msi you should have administrative rights on the machine,in web-portal you can set silent install for users with limited access.

Regards,
jurgencachia

Postby danmetivier » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 pm

It is true admin rights are required to install from an MSI, however the appeal of the 2XApplication Server is that a zero-footprint client is available - ostensibly.

Some of my clients are members of Fortune 500 companies, and these organizations often have quite draconian IT policies. As such, the users do not have admin rights on their machine, and it is highly unlikely that I could lobby the organizations to have software, such as the 2X client, become part of the approved canon of software, particularly within any reasonable amount of time. If I could do something like that, it would completely negate my need for 2X and terminal services.

From what I understand from 2X support, a few issues pertaining to a zero-footprint client within the web portal have been identified by the development team. I was issued a support ticket almost two weeks ago. I am hopeful a resolution can be made in the very near future.

jurgencachia wrote:HI,

to Install an msi you should have administrative rights on the machine,in web-portal you can set silent install for users with limited access.

Regards,
danmetivier

Return to 2X Remote Application Server