2X launches the On Premise Edition of 2X MDM

An Easy and Affordable On Premise 2X MDM Solution

August 30, 2013 - 09:00am

Retain full control of sensitive location tracking data with 2X’s new On Premise Mobile Device Manager for Windows Server LONDON UK, 30 AUGUST 2013 – 2X, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System and mobile device management.

Better iOS support and Bing Maps added to the latest 2X MDM 6.4.5 build

Improved iOS Support Added to the New Version of 2X MDM

August 07, 2013 - 02:26pm

We pleased to announce the release of the latest version of 2X MDM (6.4.5) which has significantly enhanced iOS support. Administrators can now disable an iPhone's camera, as well as prevent users from accessing the Safari browser and iTunes. We're now

How-To
News
Help
Forum

Device Name not Updating

2X Thin Client Manager, part of 2X Application Server, allows you to convert Windows XP, Windows 7/8 machines to thin clients maneagable from 2X Application Server Client Manager. You can also convert outdated PCs or energy efficient low cost thin clients to 2X OS and get cost-effective thin clients, which can be managed centrally.

Moderator: SeanBianco

Device Name not Updating

Postby bryandearlove » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Good Day,
I am currently testing CloudClient OS and have found that if I change the host name of the device, it does not update in DHCP/DNS, it still registers as thinclient, the default device name. This of course cause problems as we cannot remote control via VNC, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
bryandearlove

Re: Device Name not Updating

Postby davidsaliba » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 am

Hi,
The hostname is the name a machine refers to itself.

To access the machine by a name you need to set the name on your DNS and DHCP to couple with the Mac address.

Also The feature is there for the managed environment such as TCS or for the cloud the soon to come cloud hosted services.

As of writing for managed environments use TCS and TCOS ( you get 5 free clients :-) )

Thanks
davidsaliba

Postby bryandearlove » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm

So the name you give it in the CloudClient settings actually does nothing?
I need to manually add it to DNS for each client?
bryandearlove

Postby bryandearlove » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Any news on this? Every devices is coming up as THINCLIENT in DHCP, no matter what the name of the device I give it. I now have about 10 devices called THINCLIENT.
bryandearlove

Postby zippo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:47 am

yes you need to manually update your DNS entries
zippo

i wll follow you guys good work

Postby osmetic659ka » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:34 am

[u=http://www.nfl-jersey-sale.com]nfl jersey, nfl jersey sale, nfl jersey 2012, cheap nfl jersey, nfl jerseys sale, new nfl jerseys[/u]
osmetic659ka

Return to 2X Thin Client Manager (for 2X OS, XP, Win 7/8 thin clients)