Preparing Citrix XenServer for 2X Remote Application Server
2X VDI Agent System requirements
Before continuing to set up your environment, please make sure that your XenCenter can connect to your Citrix XenServer.
Figure 1: XenCenter
A guest operating system (like Windows XP/Vista/7) must be created on the Citrix XenServer which features an RDP server.
Ideally, the guest name should be equal to the computer name.
Please install XenServer tools on the guest OS.
After the guest OS installation is complete make sure that the RDP server is started. To confirm that the server is running, launch a Remote Desktop Client and connect to the guest operating system using the computer name (of the guest OS) and the RDP port (default RDP port is 3389).
Setting up the 2X VDI Agent Appliance for Citrix XenServer
Once the 2X VDI Agent Appliance for Citrix XenServer is downloaded it must be installed on a server. To install the Appliance:
- Extract the ZIP file contents into a temporary directory.
- Open XenCenter.
- Right click on host and choose "Import VM".
- Choose the XVA file extracted from step 1.
- Choose the desired pool (or accept default) and click ‘Next’.
- Choose the storage location (or accept default) and click ‘Next’.
- Configure the network settings (or accept defaults) and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’ and wait for the import job to complete.
The root password of the 2X VDI Agent Appliance is ‘vdiagent’.
Figure 2 - Citrix XenServer VDI Agent Appliance