Preparing Citrix XenServer for 2X Remote Application Server
2X VDI Agent System requirements
Before continuing to set up your environment, please make sure that your XenCenter can connect to your Citrix XenServer.
Figure 1: XenCenter
A guest operating system (like Windows) must be created on the Citrix XenServer which features an RDP server.
Ideally, the guest name should be equal to the computer name.
Please install XenServer tools on the guest OS.
After the guest OS installation is complete make sure that the RDP server is started. To confirm that the server is running, launch a Remote Desktop Client and connect to the guest operating system using the computer name (of the guest OS) and the RDP port (default RDP port is 3389).
Setting up the RAS VDI Agent Appliance for Citrix XenServer
Once the RAS VDI Agent Appliance is downloaded it must be installed on a server. To install the Appliance:
- Extract the ZIP file contents into a temporary directory.
- Open XenCenter.
- Right click on host and choose "Import".
- Choose the OVA file extracted from step 1.
- Choose the storage location and click ‘Next’.
- Configure the network settings and click ‘Next’.
- Choose not to use "Operating System Fixup".
- Select the network for importing the appliance and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’ and wait for the import job to complete.
The network administrator should assign a fixed IP address to the appliance.
When using DHCP, take note of the MAC address assigned to the appliance and
add a DHCP reservation. If DHCP isn't available, a static IP needs to be
configured manually. Network settings can be changed by going to the
Advanced > Networking menu.