Preparing VMware ESXi for 2X Remote Application Server
2X VDI Agent System requirements
VMware ESXi Server
VMware Infrastructure Client
Before continuing to set up your environment, please make sure that your VMware Infrastructure Client can connect to your VMware ESXi Server.
Figure 1: VMware Infrastructure Client
A guest operating system (like Windows XP/Vista/7) must be created on the VMware ESXi server which features an RDP server.
Ideally, the guest name should be equal to the computer name.
The use of fixed IPs on the guest operating systems is preferred.
After the guest OS installation is complete make sure that the RDP server is started. To confirm that the server is running, launch a Remote Desktop Client and connect to the guest operating system using the computer name (of the guest OS) and the RDP port (default RDP port is 3389).
Setting up the 2X VDI Agent Appliance for VMware ESXi
Once the 2X VDI Agent Appliance for VMware ESXi is downloaded it must be installed on a server. To install the Appliance:
- Extract the ZIP file contents into a temporary directory.
- Open your VMware Infrastructure client and select "Virtual Appliance" from the file menu.
- Select "Import" and a popup screen will appear.
- Select "Import from file" and browse to the folder where the ZIP file (containing the Appliance) was extracted.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Accept all license agreements and click ‘Next’.
- Provide a name for the Appliance or accept the default name.
- Choose your VDI network
- Click finish and close the pop up window when upload completes
- Start the 2X VDI Appliance. Once the 2X VDI Appliance boots up Figure 2 will be displayed on your console.
The root password of the 2X VDI Agent Appliance is ‘vdiagent’.
Refer to VMware's website for further information on deploying virtual appliances with VMware products.
Figure 2 - VMware ESXi VDI Agent Appliance