Sites and Management
A Parallels 2X Remote Application Server farm can contain multiple sites which can be administered by different administrators.
A Parallels 2X Remote Application Server farm can have multiple sites. Each site consists of a publishing agent, a SecureClient GW or multiple gateways, and the agents installed on the Terminal Servers, VDIs and PCs. At least one server has to be dedicated for a site where the master publishing agent and gateway will be installed.
The first default site added to the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server farm is the Licensing Server, where the main Parallels 2X Remote Application Server configuration database is stored. Every other additional site on the farm will have a synced copy of the configuration database and once changes are applied to a particular site, the Licensing Server database is updated.
Sites can be managed from the Farm node in the navigation tree available in the Farm category.
Configuring Sites in Parallels 2X Remote Application Server
Note: The Farm node is only available to administrators which have full permissions on the farm. For more information about administrators and permissions refer to the Administrators section on page .
Adding a New Site to the Farm
To add a site to the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server farm follow the below procedure:
- Click the Farm node in the navigation tree and click the Green Plus button to launch the Add Site wizard. Alternatively you can also select the Add option from the Tasks drop down menu.
- In the first step of the wizard, specify a site name in the Site input field and specify the server IP or FQDN where the master publishing agent and gateway will be installed in the Server input field.
First Step of the Add a New Site Wizard
- In the second step of the wizard the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server checks if the 2X Publishing Agent is installed on the site server. If not, click Install to proceed with the remote installation.
Second Step of the Add a New Site Wizard – Check for Publishing Agent
- In the Installing 2X Publishing Agent dialog, highlight the server name on which the 2X Publishing Agent is to be installed as seen in the below screenshot.
- (Optional) Tick the option “Override system credentials” to specify and use different credentials to connect to the server and install the 2X Agent.
Installing 2X Publishing Agent Dialog Box
- Click Install to install the publishing agent and gateway, and click Done once it has been successfully installed.
- In the last step of the Add Site wizard, click OK.
Accessing Site Configuration
Once a new site is created you can access its configuration by running the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console on the site server or by switching to its configuration from the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console as explained in the following section Switching Between Sites Configurations.
Note: When running the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console you will always be connected to the licensing server database, even if running it from a site server. Once changes are applied, configuration changes are replicated from the licensing server to the site servers.
Switching Between Sites Configurations
From the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console you can only view the configuration of one site at a time. If you login as a farm administrator, the configuration of the Licensing Server site will be loaded. If you login with an administrator that has access to a specific site, the configuration of that site will be loaded.
To switch between the configuration of different sites from the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console follow the below procedure:
- Open the Farm category and click on the Farm node from the navigation tree to access the list of sites in the farm.
- Highlight the site you would like to configure and from the Tasks drop down menu select Switch to this Site. Alternatively you can use the top bar and select the site you want to switch to from the Site drop down menu.
Managing Multiple Sites from the Farm Node
Sites can be managed from the Farm node in the navigation tree available in the Farm category. From this section you can change the farm name and also add or delete sites.
Replicating Site Settings to all Sites
Any setting which is site dependant can be replicated to all other sites. Refer to the below table for more specific information about which settings can be replicated to other sites.
To replicate a specific setting to all other sites, tick the option Replicate settings highlighted in the below screenshot.
Enabling Replication of Configuration Changes to all other Sites
Overriding Site Replicated Settings
If an administrator has permissions to enable or disable the replication settings makes a change to a specific setting, such setting is replicated to all other sites.
If an administrator has access to a particular site only, upon modifying site settings which have been replicated, the replicated settings are overridden and the option Replicate Settings is automatically switched off, therefore such settings will no longer be replicated to other sites.
Setting a Site as a Licensing Server
If the licensing server fails, or if you would like to set a different site as a Licensing Server, click on the site’s name from the Farm node in the navigation tree, and from the Tasks drop down menu select Set Site as Licensing Server.