Managing Parallels 2X RDP Client Settings
From the Policies category you can manage the Parallels 2X RDP Client settings policies for all the users on the network that connect to any server in the Farm. By adding Parallels 2X RDP Client Policies you can group users and push different Parallels 2X RDP Client settings and options to the users depending on the policy.
Note: These policies only apply to Parallels 2X RDP Clients installed on Windows (including Windows CE and XP Embedded). Device Licenses are not needed to use this option.
Adding a New Parallels 2X RDP Client Policy
To add a new Parallels 2X RDP Client Policy follow the below procedure:
- Navigate to the Policies category and click Add from the Tasks drop down menu.
- Specify a Policy Name.
- Specify for which Users & Groups the client policy applies to from the Users & Groups section by selecting a browse mode from the Browse Mode drop down menu and clicking Add. Note: Preferred browsing mode is Secure Identifier. Other options should only be used for backward compatibility.
(Optional) Configure Criteria for the Client Policy
By default a client policy applies to the configured users and groups in all situations. You can configure a criteria so the policy only applies when the criteria is matched. Criteria allow you to create different policies for the same user which will be applied depending from where the user is connecting and from which device. To create a new criteria follow the below procedure:
- Click on the Criteria tab.
- Specify a list of gateways the user is or is not connected to from the Gateway section.
- Specify a list of MAC addresses to match or not the user’s MAC address specified in the list from the MAC Address section.
Configure Connection Properties and Options
- Tick the Connection Properties node to specify which of the options to restrict or enforce for the Parallels 2X RDP Client users.
- Tick the Options node to specify which of the options to restrict or enforce for the Parallels 2X RDP Client Users.
Configuring 2X Client Policies to Manage Parallels 2X RDP Clients
For more information about the 2X Client, Connection Properties and Options refer to the Parallels 2X RDP Client Manual’s available online from the 2X documentation page; http://www.2x.com/support/ras-documentation/.