Adding a Remote PC
Desktops and applications can also be published from any supported version of Microsoft Windows workstation operating system (Remote PCs). Remote PCs are similar to Guest Virtual Machines in the farm but typically they are standalone PC installations.
Follow the below procedure to add a Remote PC to the farm:
- Launch the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Console, select the Farm category and select on Remote PCs from the navigational tree.
- Click Add from the Tasks drop down menu to launch the setup wizard and once prompted specify the server IP address or FQDN and click Next.
First Step of the Add a Remote PC Wizard
- In this step the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server checks if the 2X agent is installed on the Remote PC. If it is installed, proceed to step 7 of this procedure. If it is not installed, click Install to remotely install the 2X agent.
Parallels 2X Remote Application Server Checking if Remote PC Agent is Installed
- In the 2X PC Agent dialog highlight the PC name on which the 2X Agent is to be installed.
- (Optional) Tick the option “Override system credentials” to specify and use different credentials to connect to the PC and install the 2X Agent.
- Click Install to install the agent and click Done once it has been successfully installed. If the automatic installation of the 2X Agent fails refer to the following section Installing 2X PC Agent Manually.
Installing 2X PC Agent Remotely
- Click Add to add the Remote PC to the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server server farm.
Tip: Use the Find button to find existing terminal servers and citrix servers in your active directory domain.