Adding a 2X Backup Server
To ensure users do not experience any interruption of the service due to a failure of the primary 2X Publishing Agent, a backup Publishing Agent server can be configured for each site in the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server farm.
To add a backup server to a site follow the procedure below:
- Open the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server console and navigate to the Backup Servers node in the navigation tree.
Configuring Backup Servers for a Site
- Click Add from the Tasks drop down to launch the Backup Server wizard. Specify the IP address of the server that will be the new backup server.
- In the second step of the wizard you are prompted to install the 2X Backup Server service on the target server unless already installed. Click Install to install the backup service.
Note: If the server is currently used for some other role the option to take over will be available instead of install. If you want to take over the server to use it as a backup server, click the Take Over button.
- In the Installing 2X Redundancy Service dialog highlight the server name on which the 2X Agent is to be installed.
- (Optional) Tick the option “Override system credentials” to specify and use different credentials to connect to the server and install the 2X Agent as seen in the below screenshot.
Installing the 2X redundancy Service
- Click Install to install the agent and click Done once it has been successfully installed.
- Click OK to add the server to the farm.