Adding a Thin Client
To manually add a device to run the 2XOS follow the below procedure:
- Navigate to the Devices tab in the Client Manager category and click Add from the Tasks drop down menu.
- In the first step of the wizard specify the MAC address of the device.
- In the second step of the wizards specify the following:
- Hostname: If a hostname is not specified, a predefined name is automatically populated. Click the Resolve Hostname button to use the hostname of the last known IP of the device.
- Group: Use the <default> group if the device is not a part of any particular group. For more information about thin clients groups, refer to the section Thin Clients Groups on page .
- Permission: Select Allow to allow the device to download the 2XOS. Select Deny to disallow the device from downloading and booting the 2XOS.
- Description: Specify a friendly description.
Configuring a Thin Client’s Group Membership and Permissions
- From the third step onward or the wizard you can choose to manually configure any of the below options specifically for the device or configure the device to retrieve such settings from the group it was joined to.
- Auto login
- Regional settings
- Input devices
- Screen saver
- Desktop settings
- Browser settings
- Remote Desktop Client settings
- Kiosk Mode
- List of locally installed applications
- Shadowing options
- RDP default settings
Note: For more information about any of the above mentioned settings refer to the section Configuring Thin Client Options in Groups on page .
- Once ready click Finish.