Using the Wi-Fi Keyboard Guide
This guide will show you how to enable the Wi-Fi Keyboard feature on your Android device and how to use it through 2X DroidDesktop.
Enabling the WiFi Keyboard on your Android device
- To enable the Wi-Fi keyboard functionality on your phone first download and install 2X DroidDesktop from the Google Play Store. After that go to Settings >Language and Input (Or Settings t> Language & Keyboard depending on your Android OS) and select WiFi Keyboard to enable it.
- On your Android phone, try to type a message, then tap and hold Edit Text > Input Method > select “Wi-Fi Keyboard” (or switch to “Wi-Fi keyboard” as your input method depending on your android OS version ).
- A link will be displayed at the bottom of the text message (outlined in red in the example above).Open that link in your computer’s web browser and log in to 2X DroidDesktop.
- . Once you are logged in Remote Web Desktop, start the Wi-Fi Keyboard application. Any text that you type there will be posted to your phone once you press enter.
- The text that you typed will be immediately send to your Android device after each enter, you also have the option to select “real time mode” in which case anything you type will be send to your phone immediately without the need to hit enter.
- Note: The phone screen will stay on when using Wi-Fi Keyboard.