The Parallels Technical Sales Engineer provides senior-level expertise on the Parallels 2X Remote Application Server, the Parallels 2X Mobile Device Management and leads the client through the process of integrating our solutions in their environment. At Parallels, the Technical Sales Engineer is the critical leader who ensures technical success from first technical review, into Proof of Concept and through full implementation. The Parallels Sales Engineer utilizes their Desktop virtualization expertise, System Administration knowledge and technical skills in such diverse areas as platforms, virtualization, application software, mobile solutions, software integration, delivery and testing processes to provide best in class solutions to our clients.
The Parallels Sales Engineer works closely with Product teams to propose solutions and provide direct feedback on product direction for emerging customer needs.
- • Design and perform detailed demonstrations of Parallels Remote Application Server.
- • Answer detailed technical questions from potential customers.
- • Provide guidance and expert advice on technical issues.
- • Maintain an advanced understanding of all Parallels 2X products and of the competitors’ products.
- • Develop project concepts and project proposals to solve customer needs and requests.
- • Work with Account Managers, Sales Management and Channel Partners to effectively schedule the use of technical resources to support selling efforts.
- • Coordinate all activities related to technical sales support for potential customers and existing accounts.
- • Plan and Conduct a series of Technical Training sessions and Webinars, both online and at Channel Partners and Customers
Required Skills, Technical and Non-Technical:
- • Background in successful technology startup (ideal).
- • Understanding of Network Protocols
- • Deep knowledge and experience with RDP/RDSH/Application Publishing.
- • Background with Citrix and/or VMware VDI solutions.
- • Active user skills with Salesforce.com.
- • Ability to perform product demonstrations and presentations to technical and executive audiences.
- • Strong writing skills with ability to create technical documentation.
- • Working knowledge of mobile applications and cloud based solutions.
- • Strong presentation, communication and training skills.
Additionally Preferred Skills
- • MCSE Desktop Infrastructure Solution Expert.
- • VMware VCPD/5-DT.
- • Citrix CCA-V or CCP-V
- • System Administration skills in enterprise organization.
- • Working knowledge of IT Operations and Infrastructure, issues and concerns.
- • Experience publishing VDI/Desktop/Applications to multiple mobile device platforms.
- • Working knowledge of virtualisation requirements.
- • Understanding or networking, server and storage technologies.
- • The right attitude to take out Citrix, VMware and the competition.
- • At least 5 years’ experience in Sales Engineering or as an IT Administrator.
- • At least 3 years in desktop management systems.
- • At least 2 years’ experience in mobile computing.
- • Readiness to travel annually.
- • Fluent in written and verbal business level English and any other European language, preferably German or Italian.
This position is based in Malta.
Thanks for considering Parallels, one of the world’s fastest growing companies. Parallels Cross Platform solutions include award winning Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Access, Parallels Management Suite for SCCM, Parallels 2X Remote Application Server, Parallels 2X Mobile Device Management and other innovative products.
To Apply please send an EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org