You have just enrolled your iPhone or iPad with an 2X MDM Account or installed the new iOS client app on devices which are already being managed by an 2X MDM account according to these steps:
- Log into the 2X MDM portal
- Go to ‘Devices’
- Select an iOS device
- Click ‘Applications’
- Click ‘Refresh’
This will prompt the device user to install the new 2X MDM iOS client app. Following this, your iOS device is now displaying two 2X MDM Applications, both the old app (6.3.45 or below) which was previously installed and new app (7.1.52) which has just been added. The older Client is no longer needed. Let us walk through identifying and removing the unnecessary client from your device.
Identify the New 2X MDM Client App
The first step is to identify which of the two 2X MDM apps needs to be removed.
- Locate both clients side by side.
- The old client is displayed as ’2X MDM’, the new client ’2X MDM…’ (take note of the extra …)
To validate ’2X MDM…’ is the new client, tap the app and confirm the 2X MDM version is listed as ’7.1.52′.
Remove the Old 2X MDM Client App
Now that we have confirmed the identity of the new 2X MDM client app, we may proceed to remove the old app according to the instructions below.
- Locate the old 2X MDM icon on your iPhone screen and then press and hold for 3 seconds.
- The icon will start vibrating and a small x will appear on its upper left corner (as shown above).
- Tap the x button. A warning message will appear informing you that ‘Deleting 2X MDM will also delete all of its data’. Press the ‘Delete’ button to confirm the removal of the agent from your iPhone.
You have now successfully identified and removed the old 2X MDM client app!