2X launches the On Premise Edition of 2X MDM

An Easy and Affordable On Premise 2X MDM Solution

August 30, 2013 - 09:00am

Retain full control of sensitive location tracking data with 2X’s new On Premise Mobile Device Manager for Windows Server LONDON UK, 30 AUGUST 2013 – 2X, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System and mobile device management.

Better iOS support and Bing Maps added to the latest 2X MDM 6.4.5 build

Improved iOS Support Added to the New Version of 2X MDM

August 07, 2013 - 02:26pm

We pleased to announce the release of the latest version of 2X MDM (6.4.5) which has significantly enhanced iOS support. Administrators can now disable an iPhone's camera, as well as prevent users from accessing the Safari browser and iTunes. We're now

How-To
News
Help
Forum

2 Factor Authentication using VASCO

2X Remote Application Server allows the delivery of virtual desktops and applications from a central location, providing continuous availability, resource-based load balancing and complete end-to-end network transparency for administrators. This enables vendor independent virtual desktops & application delivery to users on any device, accessible from anywhere. The results are significant savings on administration and support.

2 Factor Authentication using VASCO

Postby Viresh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am

Hello,

The company I work for is planning to implement 2X ApplicationServer to provide remote application access via Web. I was doing some research on your software. I think the 2X ApplicationServer software will be the solution for us. Though, I still got some questions related to 2 Factor Authentication.

I want remote users to be able to log-in with their Active Directory username and Vasco Digipass token.

I found out that ApplicationServer v6.2 has an integrated deepnet security platform. (source: Working_with_Deepnet.pdf). Would this mean I need to order a Deepnet platform server additionally to make things work with 2X, or is this included?

We currently already have a Microsoft RADIUS environment. VASCO Middleware supports RADIUS proxying, which means that any RADIUS authentication log-in can be handled through the token device (See: http://www.vasco.com/products/literature.html -> VACMAN RADIUS Middleware.pdf for more information). Will this also work with 2X Application Server? So basically what I want to know, is 2x AS able to work with RADIUS? Would this eliminate the need of Deepnet?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Viresh Varma
Vanveen Informatica
Viresh

Re: 2 Factor Authentication using VASCO

Postby zippo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:23 pm

Viresh wrote:Hello,

The company I work for is planning to implement 2X ApplicationServer to provide remote application access via Web. I was doing some research on your software. I think the 2X ApplicationServer software will be the solution for us. Though, I still got some questions related to 2 Factor Authentication.

I want remote users to be able to log-in with their Active Directory username and Vasco Digipass token.

I found out that ApplicationServer v6.2 has an integrated deepnet security platform. (source: Working_with_Deepnet.pdf). Would this mean I need to order a Deepnet platform server additionally to make things work with 2X, or is this included?

We currently already have a Microsoft RADIUS environment. VASCO Middleware supports RADIUS proxying, which means that any RADIUS authentication log-in can be handled through the token device (See: http://www.vasco.com/products/literature.html -> VACMAN RADIUS Middleware.pdf for more information). Will this also work with 2X Application Server? So basically what I want to know, is 2x AS able to work with RADIUS? Would this eliminate the need of Deepnet?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Viresh Varma
Vanveen Informatica

2nd LevelAuthentication requires Deepnet platform server.
2X integrates with this server.
zippo

Postby Viresh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Ok, thanks for your reply.

If im getting this correctly, this solution will eliminate the need of Vasco's authentication server, and thus I'll only need Vasco's hardware Token devices, right?
Viresh

Postby zippo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Viresh wrote:Ok, thanks for your reply.

If im getting this correctly, this solution will eliminate the need of Vasco's authentication server, and thus I'll only need Vasco's hardware Token devices, right?

You’re right. There is no need to install VASCO’s authentication server. VASCO’s DigiPass Go tokens are natively supported by Deepnet.

FYI, RSA SecurID is also natively supported too.
zippo

Postby Viresh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Great, thanks again. I'll get started with this.
Viresh

Postby Viresh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:53 am

I'm setting up the system so that intern (LAN) users can access their applications via the 2X Client using direct mode and extern (Internet) users via the Web Portal using SSL Gateway mode.

Is there anyway I can configure the system so that only the extern users have to use their Vasco tokens to log-in? Would I need two client gateways for that?

And also, can I force the extern users to use SSL mode ?

Thanks.
Viresh

Postby zippo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 am

Viresh wrote:I'm setting up the system so that intern (LAN) users can access their applications via the 2X Client using direct mode and extern (Internet) users via the Web Portal using SSL Gateway mode.

Is there anyway I can configure the system so that only the extern users have to use their Vasco tokens to log-in? Would I need two client gateways for that?

And also, can I force the extern users to use SSL mode ?

Thanks.

no that is not possible at the moment but 2X are working on such a solution.
at the moment its either completely on or off
zippo

Postby Viresh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:11 am

Ok thanks. And what about forcing SSL mode for extern users?
Viresh

Postby Sergei » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:37 am

Hey,
You can have separate 2X Client Gateway for your external users and only have SSL enabled on it. Your external users will only be able to use SSL then.
Sergei

Postby Viresh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks for your reply. But with this solution, if I install the publishing agent on both gateways, wouldn't it also be possible to authenticate local users via the public gateway / publishing agent via normal AD user/password, while authenticate the remote users through the private gateway with deepnet / vasco?
Viresh

Postby Viresh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Also, f.e. if I decide to use the setup in the drawing above, would that mean I'll need to have 3 licenses for 2X ApplicationServer?
Viresh

Postby Viresh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Anyone? I really need this thing cleared up.

TIA!
Viresh

Return to 2X Remote Application Server