2X launches the On Premise Edition of 2X MDM

An Easy and Affordable On Premise 2X MDM Solution

August 30, 2013 - 09:00am

Retain full control of sensitive location tracking data with 2X’s new On Premise Mobile Device Manager for Windows Server LONDON UK, 30 AUGUST 2013 – 2X, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System and mobile device management.

Better iOS support and Bing Maps added to the latest 2X MDM 6.4.5 build

Improved iOS Support Added to the New Version of 2X MDM

August 07, 2013 - 02:26pm

We pleased to announce the release of the latest version of 2X MDM (6.4.5) which has significantly enhanced iOS support. Administrators can now disable an iPhone's camera, as well as prevent users from accessing the Safari browser and iTunes. We're now

How-To
News
Help
Forum

Packaging Connection Settings for 2X Client

2X Remote Application Server allows the delivery of virtual desktops and applications from a central location, providing continuous availability, resource-based load balancing and complete end-to-end network transparency for administrators. This enables vendor independent virtual desktops & application delivery to users on any device, accessible from anywhere. The results are significant savings on administration and support.

Packaging Connection Settings for 2X Client

Postby npham » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm just having a bit of trouble getting this setup. I've seen the how-to doc on creating the transform file from orca, but the issue remains that if I'm sending this out to other users at another location, I haven't found a way to exec the msi with the transform using a relative path. AFAIK, you cannot use relative paths with msiexec.

How is everyone packaging their connection settings for the 2X Client?
npham

Re: Packaging Connection Settings for 2X Client

Postby Ginex » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm

sorry if i may be out of tpoic a bit, i got to avoid all of that by using the webportal ;)
Ginex

Postby vito » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:34 pm

npham.
See my post here..it may help
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6023
Basically, you can crate your transform, then use the msitrans to make a new msi file with the settings.

This even can help with portal users...you create a new msi and place it in your client folder on the web server.

2x really needs to really improve on client settings and admin control. Esp for internal vs external users. (Even with the web portal)
(which other post and suggestion have been submitted)
vito

Postby npham » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 pm

I've got one of the other admins setting up the webportal, while I work on the transform. Thanks for the responses, I'll be sure to update this when I have a solution.
npham

Postby npham » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm

I tried applying the transform to the msi, but each time, 32bit and 64bit, it would toss an error while installing, "error code is 2356"

Were you able to get around this Vito?
npham

Postby npham » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm

I've been trying to get the transform to apply correctly, but it keeps crashing while installing and throwing an error code 2356 I believe.

How did everyone get around this?
npham

Postby vito » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Sorry, i did not get any errors during the process.
vito

Postby Louie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi Guys, I've come across the same 2356 error and can't seem to find a solution. I was wondering if any one of you did.
Thank in advance
Louie

Postby Louie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi Guys, I'm also getting the same 2356 error and I haven't found a solution, I was wondering if any of you did.

Thank you in advance
Louie

Return to 2X Remote Application Server