Using 2x for a Mac to Windows 7 SBS2011

2XOS has been designed to provide businesses and end-users with a highly efficient thin client and cloud operating system that integrates with a diverse range of preinstalled connectivity clients including 2X RDP, Citrix ICA, VMware View, VNC and Linux NX. Extremely light-weight, 2XOS can run on virtually any hardware platform without compromising its user friendliness and ease of use.

Using 2x for a Mac to Windows 7 SBS2011

Postby sbaggott » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Forgive any basic questions I may ask, but I want to remotely control my Windows 7 office PC - installed on a Small business server 2011- from home using my Macbook running OSX Snow Leopard.

2x has been recomended to me to do this, but our IT support tell me that 2x is trying to control the applications rather than the actual desktop machine.

I would be grateful if anyone could assist in telling me if 2x can remotely control my Windows machine in a similar way to Microsoft RDC? I am currently using another RDP client but it is proving slow and unstable.

Hope this makes sense and many thanks in advance.
sbaggott

Re: Using 2x for a Mac to Windows 7 SBS2011

Postby Ginex » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 am

sbaggot absolutely,

2x can give us this and more, u can access published applications as you can access vm's and published desktops...

and their connection is more secure than normal rdp...
you might want to get the it guys more informed ;)
Ginex

Return to 2XOS