Download 2X OS v7.1
2X OS v7.1 has been re-designed from bottom up with the principal aim of offering users a straightforward, efficient, visually pleasing Linux operating system featuring a variety of connectivity clients including 2X RDP, Citrix ICA, VMware View and VNC. Users can now opt to choose between a simple or an advanced desktop manager. The advanced desktop manager features local applications such as a media player, text editor, task manager, calculator and file manager.
Hardware detection has been improved and 2X OS generic latest profiles now support VIA Chrome9 chipsets. An improved boot menu is now available for installed versions. The boot menu offers a hardware profiler tool which helps administrators extract hardware information.
Installed versions operate in a "persistent" storage scenario which means that user and client configuration data is retained on client power down. The System Preferences tool has been re-designed with the configuration manager currently operational in standalone mode.
In order to benefit from all the new advanced desktop features you need to download a new version of 2X ThinClientServer.
Download 2X OS v7.1
ThinClientServer Version 6.3 Build 10123 - 04-06-2012
- A TCS version issue was fixed. With this fix, TCS farms can be installed or maintained without setup errors.
2XOS Version 7.1 Build - 10118 - 31-05-2012
- Desktop text now repositions during on-the-fly display testing when using the advanced desktop implementation.
- Generic/Compact r1 builds support video acceleration on VIA, Geode, AMD chipsets.
- Disconnect and reconnect functionality improved when reconnecting to applications from different terminal servers.
- Tux System Preferences:
- Network tray icon content is refreshed when an interface has lost its assigned IP address.
- Advanced desktop implementation window manager terminology now updated to "Default" (which uses Metacity internally) and "Enhanced" (which uses XFCEs xfwm WM). Note, users are encouraged to use the Default WM for 2X published connections.
- Fixed issues with Brazil timezone.
- When joining a TCS farm, the SNMP daemon is setup on the next boot.
- Tux Connection Manager:
- Sorting connections by 'Type' field.
- Default colour depth set to '16' bit in connectivty plugins.