2X launches the On Premise Edition of 2X MDM

An Easy and Affordable On Premise 2X MDM Solution

August 30, 2013 - 09:00am

Retain full control of sensitive location tracking data with 2X’s new On Premise Mobile Device Manager for Windows Server LONDON UK, 30 AUGUST 2013 – 2X, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System and mobile device management.

Better iOS support and Bing Maps added to the latest 2X MDM 6.4.5 build

Improved iOS Support Added to the New Version of 2X MDM

August 07, 2013 - 02:26pm

We pleased to announce the release of the latest version of 2X MDM (6.4.5) which has significantly enhanced iOS support. Administrators can now disable an iPhone's camera, as well as prevent users from accessing the Safari browser and iTunes. We're now

How-To
News
Help
Forum

Comments/Problem- Continued

2X Remote Application Server allows the delivery of virtual desktops and applications from a central location, providing continuous availability, resource-based load balancing and complete end-to-end network transparency for administrators. This enables vendor independent virtual desktops & application delivery to users on any device, accessible from anywhere. The results are significant savings on administration and support.

Comments/Problem- Continued

Postby DVTSVito » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:35 am

Hello,
Just a few things i have noticed using 2x uni scanning.
1) When you have the option to select the scanner in 2x and then scan, it will put the selection window under all other windows. This makes it difficult to see and get to the window. Can this window take screen priority? I have tried adjusting other 2x settings to make this work, but not finding anything.

2) Dual monitor setup: When I scan in some apps, right before the scan….the app will open across both monitors when I had the remote app set to one monitor. I then have to resize the window.

Thanks for your help.
Vito
DVTSVito

Re: Comments/Problem- Continued

Postby DVTSVito » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:00 am

testing with latest version and still having problems....

the scanner select window is still hidden behind other apps when published apps are full screen.
I really want to roll this out for an upcoming install but This is really becoming a problem.
the user has to "find" the selection window.

My testing has been from different computers windows xp and win 7 32 bit.

thank you.
Edit:
Below is from my windows 7 thread with a few other problems.

1) i have problems scanning multiple pages at a time. (like 20 duplex pages) the scan process would freeze at different times. Some Time's it would be after a few pages...others after many. Outside of 2x, the scanner handled this with out a problem. I was testing with the same apps locally and from the TS session. With different apps, not just one.

When the scanning locks up, it will hang my TS session which cause a problem. I have to go Kill tasks and anything else i was working on is lost. (other apps)
This also is the same problem when i had a paper jam. the scan locked and i never got my TS session back. this happened on all platforms BTW.
2) The Scanner select box is still hidden behind other applications and it is pain going to search for it. (does this on multiple platforms)
DVTSVito

Postby antonskrylnikov » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:54 am

DVTSVito,
this your issues already noticed and we are working on the urgent fix
antonskrylnikov

Postby DVTSVito » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 pm

antonskrylnikov wrote:DVTSVito,
this your issues already noticed and we are working on the urgent fix

Could you be specific on what problems are being addressed?
There are multiple issues in this thread, all important.
Please let me know when you have a beta.... i will be happy to test.
Thanks
DVTSVito

Postby antonskrylnikov » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 pm

DVTSVito,
highest priority is to fix freeze of scanning in case of multiply pages and correct recover when paper jam happens.
making showing up scanner selection window on top over other windows also going to be implemetened.
antonskrylnikov

Postby DVTSVito » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Hello,
any update to these issues?
Thanks for your help.
DVTSVito

Postby DVTSVito » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:21 am

Any update on this?
DVTSVito

Postby markaarnold » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

I too am having the problem with scanning freezing half-way through a scan. I'm using 8.1(875) with irFanView, scanner is Xerox Documate 152 with TWAIN drivers.

I notice that I can scan multiple pages at 150dpi with no problem, but when I switch to 300dpi in the TWAIN interface that's when it crashes. It will pull in maybe 3, maybe 5 pages then stops. I can only recover by logging off termserv. My "feeling" is that at higher resolution some buffer is being overloaded.

Mark
markaarnold

Postby AdrianC » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:46 am

I see exactly the same problem, although I've managed to get it as high as 200dpi and remain stable.
AdrianC

Postby mmeyers » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm

We are on version 8.1.875 on 2008 x64 with latest patches. Clients are XP 32 bit latest patches. Currently if you cancel a scan midway through or after between 5 to 7 scans it will lock up the entire 2X scanning engine. Changing the resolution only delays the inevitable lock up. Are there any status update from 2X development on this? Currently I see a lot of people with issues but not a lot of response from 2X as to direction or status updates on this issue.

-Mike
mmeyers

Postby Speelmanmj » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:59 am

I recently installed the application server on a Windows 2003. My client machines (XP Pro x86 / Win 7 Pro x86) using 2X Client version 9.0 build 1061.

The issue I am having seems to be directly related to Duplex scanning. When a duplex scan is processed there typically always is a application screen freeze. Sometimes these freezes are recovered after 20 seconds or so. The more duplex pages in the job the greater chance of Application locks, recovered only by Task Manager "End Task".

Simplex scans seem to process just fine. My scanners are Fujitsu fi 6130's with the following settings.

Duplex Enabled
DPI 150dpi (Standard Resolution)
Black and White

Any idea on if there is an update with this issue or what exactly causes this problem?
Speelmanmj

Return to 2X Remote Application Server